The kitchen, which has a direct access to the balcony, has hidden functionality. By removing the partition and combining the kitchen with the loggia or balcony, you can optimize the space. In additional, the combination of spaces will allow you to unify your interior and make it looks solid. We will briefly overview the main kitchen combined with loggia or balcony design ideas and explore some of the main pros and cos of the experiment.
Such a solution will allow:
- Make the kitchen lighter.
- Increase the free space and dimensions of the room.
- Make sound and heat insulation is much better due to the warming of the balcony / loggia.
The interior of this kitchen always looks very interesting and non-standard. Putting a maximum of imagination here, you can design and organize an original space and organize a balcony/loggia as a bay window or a panoramic window.
Disadvantages of the combined kitchen:
- Re-planning requires legalization – it can be a long process, costly in time, nerves and in finance.
- Changes entail a large cost of insulation, glazing, decoration and improvement of the floor.
Briefly about the main
The kitchen can be combined with the loggia in one of the following ways:
- Partially – the partition is used as a table top or substructure, windows and doors are removed.
- Completely – a single room is created, the walls are removed.
If you remove only the window, then no papers and permission is needed, but during the sale of housing you will need to return everything to its original form. In the second case, with the demolition of the wall, approval of the updated planning in the instance dealing with this issue will be required.
If the wall turned out to be a carrier one, then the combination of the kitchen and the loggia would not be possible, and no one would allow such redevelopment. Moving and transferring the central heating radiators to the balcony / loggia is strictly prohibited, which means that you will have to plan the heating system in this area in advance.
It is important to remember that it is strictly forbidden to carry out any work independently. Even in the case the partition is not carrying, you can’t just take and demolish it. Conducting the redevelopment and unification of the kitchen with the balcony / loggia without consent is to incur extra danger and problems. In addition it is fatuously and not profitable financially. As soon as the authorities identify violations (to do so is very easily), they immediately impose penalties on the offender, and the kitchen will have to return to its original form. In order to calmly engage in redevelopment, you should not study this issue on the Internet, it is best to immediately contact the local technical inventory bureau or consult a designer.
“Legalization” of the demolition work between the kitchen and the balcony / loggia is very responsible and serious. In order to resolve this issue, proper preparation, consultation, collection of necessary papers and documents will be required, which entails temporary and financial expenses. Moreover, there is no one-hundred percent guarantee that a positive decision will be made upon completion of the proceedings, therefore this undertaking is not always justified.
In order to effectively and with maximum benefit use empty additional meters, you need to glaze the loggia with special aluminum or PVC window profiles. They keep up the heat inside the building well. Floor, walls and ceiling must be insulated with mineralized cotton wool. This also arranges high-quality waterproofing. As an alternative material, polystyrene plates can be used. Also an excellent way out of the situation will be the use of heated floors. You can use a fan heater or an electric convector as a means of heating.
Ideas for combining kitchen with loggia
- Location the dining area on the loggia. This option comes to the comprehension of most people, because thanks to such an idea the working area of the kitchen increases and becomes more spacious. Moreover, dining on the loggia is much more interesting, because you can admire the view from the window or watch the “whims” of the weather while sipping a cup of hot tea. Also, as an original idea, you can use panoramic glazing, which will create a cozy atmosphere and will give the kitchen a maximum of natural daylight.
- Kitchen with breakfast bar. On the heated loggia you can create a dining area in the form of a bar counter. In order to save money, the partition, demolished earlier, can be used as a stand of the rack. Also, the partition can be used as a table for lunch or storage of cans and other things.
- Arrange the balcony with appliances; place a pantry, a plate or other working area in this zone. This idea should be carefully considered, take into account the maximum permissible load on the balcony area. In addition, it is important to take into account that when the plate is located here, it is necessary to conduct appropriate communications. For example, you can place a slab, a work surface or a refrigerator, but this is not always convenient and you need to build on the functionality of interior items. If you live on the first floor, you can get permission for a complete transfer of the kitchen to the balcony area.
- Kitchen with sitting area or study. Combined with the loggia kitchen can be used not only for its intended purpose, but also to translate original ideas into reality. For example, you can arrange a winter garden or a mini-bar. The original idea will be to create a playground for the child to be always under the supervision of mother or the installation of a personal home office. If this idea proves to be interesting, and it will be implemented, for visual separation and creation of separate zones it is best to use screens or a “French window”. Among the alternative options, it is possible to note shelving and original racks that will not only serve as a partition, but will also have a functional role.
Zoning, lighting and curtains
After the works on combining, you need to implement the decoration and furnishing of the interior. In this case, you need to follow the advice of designers:
- It is necessary to create a unified style and combine similar color schemes for the integrity of the interior of the kitchen and the loggia.
- For zoning, it is best to use transparent doors, screens and “French windows”.
- Floor swings can stay untouched and used as a podium for dividing zones.
- The windows are best decorated with panel, roll or Roman blinds. In separate cases, curtains and blinds are also suitable; it all depends on the style of the kitchen.
- If the additional space is small, then it is best not to overload the room with furniture, instead of using cabinets and racks.
- Lighting should combine. It is best to use spotlights on the ceiling, the walls are best used with sconces.