One of the elements to a good night’s sleep is knowing that you and your family are safe in the comfort of your own home. But sometimes, the sense of living in a secure fortress is marred by news of burglaries around the country.
According to burglary statistics, there is a burglary every 22.6 seconds in the United States. 88% of these burglaries occur in residential areas. These numbers are unsettling and may keep any homeowner up all night worrying. Thus, do not let your home become another statistic. Take the necessary steps to ensure that your abode is burglar-proof.
The smartest way to protect your home from break-ins and robberies is to give your home a modern security upgrade. One of the most effective upgrades is the installation of a security camera system. This surveillance equipment has been redesigned to be more affordable and accessible for home use.
A security camera system can help prevent crime. Studies show that most criminals will leave a targeted home if they detect a security camera on the premises. In case a crime has already been committed, you can use a captured video or image from your security camera as evidence.
There are a number of video cameras available on the market, and selecting one may seem to be a challenging task. The following tips will help you pick the best one. Bear in mind that the best outdoor security camera system will be your most reliable ally in ensuring the safety of the most significant people in your life.
- Choose self-monitoring systems that automatically detect motion. These kinds of cameras will alert you at once if there is any activity detected based on ranges of motion. With this kind of system, homeowners do not have to go through the whole video to view any malicious activity. And since notifications or alarms are sent in real-time, there is a higher chance of catching the culprit.
- Consider getting a camera with at least a 100-degree field of view. It ensures that any activity gets captured in just one frame. Installing the camera higher will allow for a broader perspective, but it might compromise the clarity of the video. Therefore, stick to the required degree of view to maximize the camera’s features.
- Go for the camera with a resolution of at least 1080 pixels. This resolution is high enough to maintain the clarity of the image when zoomed. It is crucial to be able to view the important details of an intruder for a more effective investigation.
- Make sure that your camera of choice will work efficiently from sun-up to sundown. The best security camera system should have a high-resolution night vision camera, as well.
- Pick an all-weather and waterproof camera. Remember that it will stay outdoors, so it needs to withstand changes in temperature and severe weather conditions.
A security camera for your home is an investment not only for your family’s safety but also for everybody’s peace of mind. Keeping these tips in mind will enable you to choose the most reliable camera so you can focus on work and reap the benefits of restful slumber.