Every owner of a residential property wants to equip it to his liking. There is a rich selection of building materials in the modern world. And the presence of qualified specialists and information sources simplify the problem. But still, you can`t do without understanding of what you`ll need in the process of your apartment designing. So, smalldesignideas decided to act and prepared the “Composing Design Project Full Instruction” that will help people to navigate themselves in the complicated field of interior renovation.
What is the design project in general
Not many people realize that the design of the apartment is not just a selection of beautiful decor and other aesthetic elements. First of all – it’s practicality, functionality and zoning of the premises. Regardless of the number of rooms in the apartment, everything should be placed in properly and fulfill its purpose.
That is why we recommend to choose the furniture, to plan its location immediately after the decision on the design and interior decoration. Projecting and creative research is carried out to study the market opportunities, to analyze pricing policy.
Your ideas can be implemented both in the simplest ways that do not require large expenses and in the complex way that requires of careful development of the design project. As the design is exact solution in respect of external and internal look of the premises of any kind.
Design project consists of:
- Ideas about the repair and decoration, style, color, texture and furniture selection, written down on paper.
- Attached documents, diagrams and drawings.
To cope with it alone is possible, but, as in many other situations, it is better to trust the professionals. Especially when it comes to redevelopment.
The designer has taste, style, experience and above all sense of proportion. He’s a little bit of artist, little of historian, engineer, electrician, plumber, construction superintendent, architect and even the Sanitary and Epidemiological station employee rolled into one.
Working with a professional designer
To avoid unforeseen situations, you should pay attention to the education and previous projects, advice or a firm on whose behalf he works, when choosing a designer.
To cooperate with a designer in two ways.
- Fully trust him improving his room.
- Cooperation, development and implementation of your ideas by means of his knowledge and skills.
Of course, in both cases the main burden falls on the designer. But in the first case, after talking about your tastes and preferences, you can even leave the country. And in the second, you are involved in a project from the beginning to the end.
Designer`s work on the project consists of several parts:
- The terms of reference and its development.
- Sketch project.
- Direct implementation of design.
- Control of the project during its implementation.
There are many smaller sub points between these corner stones, which are described below.
Details of cooperation
- Tell the designer about your family. Its composition, sex, age, preferences, daily life, habits, interests and hobbies.
- Share your wishes.
- Provide layout, drawings, paintings, sketches and ideas.
- Develop conceptual decisions about design. The image, the style and the color.
- Work with lighting.
- Selection of material. Structure, texture, price range (the more varied material you have chose on its properties, the more interesting will be the result).
- Design of your ideas.
- The three-dimensional sketch. Transferring all ideas in volumetric embodiment to the paper.
- Selection of building crew.
- Purchase of materials.
- Paperwork (in the case of redevelopment and similar changes).
- Control of further activity of the working team.
Pick up a color palette
Many designers recommend to depart from the usual colors of blue, gray, green and beige. But, it is largely a matter of taste. Whatever it was, before you start renovation and selecting of materials, it makes sense to either draw your future room or to organize rendering a color palette from scrap materials.
For example, to collect and spread out on a sheet of paper. Let`s say, to create a color sketch of the future apartment. These can be pictures, ribbons, small pieces of fabric of various colors. The easiest option is to create a collage with colored paper.
The results can be changed, photographed and changed again. Try to experiment with colors, which should be plenty.
You can organize the dummy to visualize your ideas. Layout should include a room or whole apartment at once but in very reduced scale. It should contain the walls, doors, windows, furniture and even lighting, which can become a dollhouse then. You can make the furniture yourself of cardboard, wood, fabric or borrow from your child.
Composing design project full instruction. Paperwork
In the case of redevelopment it requires permits and approvals of administrative bodies, which can be issued only by the owner.
- The application for redevelopment.
- Apartment documents.
- Technical certificate.
- Redevelopment project prepared by the specialists.
- Confirmation that the object is not a cultural or architectural monument.
- The implementation of the project.
- Inventory inquiry from BTI.
- Document all changes.
- Get the document from Architectural control on save changes in your apartment.
- Check out the new cadastral passport.
- Get the certificate in the management service of the state inventory and mapping registration.
For the independent decision of the design project you should be sure to consult with a qualified repair specialists. But in order to be fully satisfied with the result is better to cooperate with them.