Self-leveling floor for the house is a modern form of screed on the basis of self-leveling mixture. The main feature is its minimum thickness of 3.5 mm.
Self-leveling floors divide into two types:
- Preparatory screed for subsequent finishing: with laminate, parquet, linoleum, etc.
- Finish covering. It is ready-made flooring, includes a 3D drawing or coloring.
Self-leveling floor for the house: the main types
- On the basis of polymeric compounds (Polymer);
- Based on cement;
- Special self-leveling floors (industrial ones for extreme loads).
Regular apartments and offices, as well as industrial and specialized facilities can be covered with self-leveling floor by far. Therefore, the material should be selected depending on the load.
Preparatory work before filling
- First of all, clean off old paint from the floor, doors and baseboards in the room.
- Clear the floor surface using a wire brush: glue, brittle concrete, loose paint must be removed. Clean out any dirt from cracks, make them “exposed”.
- It is necessary to check the levelness of the floor with a long level. Clearance between the floor and the stern should not overcome 3 mm.
- Mark the future floor line on the walls and remove the plaster 25mm above this level.
- Vacuuming floors, clearing the dust and degreasing using detergent.
- Carefully puttying deep cracks and crevices of the adhesive or mortar.
- If the slope of the floor level is more than 30 mm, align floors using mortar or special compounds for such thickness. Most noteworthy that you may use self-leveling floors and sand in the ratio 1: 1 for best result.
Direct pouring of self-leveling floor
- The content of the package adds to water in the proportion indicated at the instructions. Mix with a drill equipped with a mixer nozzle until uniform condition without lumps. Leave the mixture for 3 minutes and mix again.
- Apply the solution immediately, as the interval between successive pouring should not exceed more than 15 minutes, so it is advisable to work with a partner.
- Start with the wall remote from the entrance, pour a solution of 40 cm strips parallel to the wall. Distribute the solution uniformly by a needle roller and a T-shaped “squeegee”.
- Continue to fill until full coverage of the surface to avoid drops and seams.
- Avoid sunlight, drafts, a sharp drop of temperature before the floor is completely dry. Moderate load is admissible in 1-2 days. Finally, you can try your floor heating system in action after 7 days with smooth transitions up to the 3-5 degrees during a few days.