Fusion interior design style is a choice of creative people who don`t value everyday, ordinary things. Such people do not allow neutrality and inexpressiveness, perceiving life as a platform for continuous creativity. Fusion is the style of “crazy” things, the ideas of which arise in extravagant dreams of design masters. Fusion will allow you to decorate the bedroom with just one-floor vase but under the condition that it would be antique ceiling-high amphora, which occupies a whole corner. Or you can place a large sofa, trimmed with no classic “frills” but a colorful “fence” of colored plastic “logs” in the living room. You catch the idea.
In other words, the concept of fusion is materialized imagination, implemented in the corresponding context. Of course, this is one of the most expensive styles, as we are talking about filling the house with the author’s handiworks.
Arranging a house or apartment in the style of fusion, it is important to emphasize the mixing of different styles (as we mean “mixing” when hearing “fusion”). Tradition is not rejected – it is offered a “parallel” solution using bold materials and colors.
- On the one hand, the interior is dominated by maximalism – tight upholstery, bulky accessories, etc. On the other hand – the garish chic imparting defiant traits to ordinary things.
- Wall upholstery may be made of artificial “Leopard” or “Tiger” skin and can coexist with drapery in the Empire style.
- Heavy classical furniture can be upholstered with “country cloth” – for example, of colored polka dots and coexist with curtains of organza with elements of Swarovski crystals.
- The location of furniture can be executed in an island layout, gathered in the middle of the room.
- Reproduction of Renaissance paintings can coexist with family photographs and exotic cheap lurid pictures bought in travel.
The true owner of the fusion interior is the decor. Wall painted as a silhouette of a cartoon character may serve as the background of a large sofa upholstered with Oriental or Middle Eastern fabric and be balanced by a glass table with plastic chairs in the shape of a human’s palm.
- Luxury is neighboring side by side with simplicity: leather bedspreads in combination with standard black wardrobe and flirty lights located on the bedside tables are a striking example.
- Neutral shades can be left to the ceiling and doors. Interesting palettes – turquoise, green, gold, and crimson, red, orange and blue ink, black, white, and purple.
- Fusion is using variegation wherever possible in the interior – the chairs in the dining room, built-in lights, picture frames surrounding the mirror.
- The texture of the materials is focused on high tactility. It should be not only a pleasure to look at things but to touch them either.
The integrity of all assorted items – that’s what must be achieved in the end. “Self-sufficient” materials, furniture, and decor appear as a total unison at the overall “picture”.
Interior furniture in this style is bright and functional. It is most often made of wood. These can be armchairs for the living room, a spacious sofa. When choosing upholstery, preference is given to leather and other textured materials. The color depends on the style load that each item takes on. Bright, juicy colors will be appropriate if the emphasis is on furniture, or the designer will opt for a neutral color of the furniture while highlighting the texture.
There are no special criteria for choosing furniture for the fusion style. The main thing is that the thing should give comfort and be combined with other interior details. So, for example, a sofa with bright upholstery combined with bright draperies on the windows would be appropriate in the living room. The main goal is not to clutter up space with unnecessary furniture, since the style itself is rich and bright.
Such an interior is suitable for those who like to travel because each brought souvenir will find its place and will successfully emphasize the atmosphere and personality of your home.
The possibilities of using textiles in fusion interiors are endless. Juicy colors are used in bedrooms, for example, a bright accent in the form of a bedspread on the bed is appropriate. In the living room, a sofa or daybed can be easily updated by spreading out colored pillows. Carpets made of animal pelts that are popular today will help to add sophistication.
The main task of fusion furniture is to create and emphasize the contrast between furnishings and design. Designers all over the world love this style for the opportunity to experiment and select elements according to individual wishes.