History of Baroque occurrence
“Barocco” translates from the Italian as “pretentiousness”. This word can convey the complexity of the demonstrativeness and pomp of this style. Today Baroque interior design of apartment, house, interior or office aims to emphasize the high status and wealth of the owners.
It is remarkable! Under the influence of the European baroque style Russian baroque has appeared. This style trend was popular in the architecture of the late 17th – early 18th centuries. It is often called “Naryshkin”, as some churches were built in this style being commissioned by the famous Naryshkin family.
The characteristic features of Baroque
The interior of the Baroque style becomes more and more popular from day to day. You can plunge into the interior of the palace atmosphere using:
- Luxurious linens (brocade, silk, velvet) and rich finishing (tapestries, stucco on the walls and ceiling). Baroque décor seek pomp and demonstrative grandeur;
- Picturesque decoration of the ceiling and the walls: you can order a Baroque walls painting;
- Sculptures and graceful statues, often depicting children, musicians, and beautiful women can decorate the interior. They can be ordered or found on the market if you don`t have one;
- Furniture, which would be decorated with exquisite carvings covered with gold or bronze, precious wood veneers, trimmed with mosaic and valuable metal, can make be ordered as an option.
How should the furniture look like?
Baroque furniture must necessarily have presentable and expensive look. It is characterized:
- Fabric upholstery;
- Lacquering and gilding;
- Curved legs;
- Sophisticated carving;
Tables and countertops in this style are often decorated with mosaics, and the back seats of armchairs are folded back. Baroque is characterized by such furniture as ottoman chairs, cupboards, chests of drawers and double closets.
The color of the furniture is often the same as the color of walls, but can be a contrasting. For example, furniture, upholstered with burgundy cloth looks nicely, against light beige walls and gilded elements.
Baroque Room: the secrets of interior decoration
It should be noted at once that the Baroque style is appropriate for spacious rooms design: otherwise, massive furniture will visually narrow little room.
In order to make the interior of the room recognizable, you can use materials such as crystal, natural stone, precious wood, marble and gilt as must.
- Kitchen of Baroque style is a curvy shape kitchen facades with rich carving and gilt, curved legs of furniture, crystal chandeliers. The outlines of the furniture should be smooth, chair` backs rounded. An important point: all modern appliances should “disguised” as possible in your the baroque styled kitchen.
- Baroque bedroom also features an abundance of carved pieces of furniture. The ceiling in the bedroom is usually richly decorated with stucco. The windows in the room should be arranged with heavy curtains. The color palette is prevailed by all shades of gold, beige, burgundy, red and brown colors.
- Bathroom in Baroque is least pretentious than the other rooms in the house: exquisite gold-plated taps, marble sinks, mosaic on the ceiling and wall painting. Large mirror in an expensive frame will look advantageously in the bathroom.
Decorating the walls, ceiling and floor in the Baroque
In the process of space design in Baroque style you shouldn`t miss any detail: for example, you may focus on the decorative design of the ceiling, walls, floor covering material.
The ceiling of the Baroque is often a looks like a mural (painting), framed by moldings. The white ceiling is allowed, but again in a decorative frame. Modern building materials market allows you to choose the appropriate option of the finished ceiling decorations.
The walls of the Baroque not accept flatness: each part of the wall should bear a certain meaning. You can use the pictures and mirrors in a beautiful frame, half-columns. Fireplace (or its imitation) would be a good solution as well.
Floor styled for Baroque can be marble or granite. The area which is directly under the chandelier, is advisable to emphasize: you can use the inlay or carpets.
Baroque Interior Design Style for non-residential premises
Baroque is intended to emphasize the richness and elegance of the interior environment. And due solemnity and grandeur, which it brings to the interior, the Baroque is always popular in the design of restaurants, hotels and shops.
- To order design of the jewelry salon in Baroque means just “dive” into the luxury! The abundance of light, the atmosphere of grandeur – what background could be better for jewelry?!
- Baroque style in the interior of the shop, despite its pomp, is perceived quite easily;
- Baroque interior fur salon is a great alternative to design space. Superb colors and an abundance of mirrors will attract the attention of buyers. And the style itself will convey the charm of the offered goods.